Are you looking for Shopify vs WooCommerce comparison in 2020? There are two best option available for eCommerce site
Shopify is a dedicated eCommerce platform, they’re designed to help you sell. It has set pricing. Shopify’s prices range from $29 to $299 per month.
You unlock more advanced features, like professional reports, as you upgrade.
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin for adding eCommerce functionality into WordPress site so you should have WordPress installed on your live server.
Now WooCommerce is flexible and free but comes with extra costs, including hosting, a domain name, and security.
Purchase options :
Both WooCommerce and Shopify offer you a choice of over 100 payment gateways. These are either in-built or added through integrations. The main ones are:
- Credit and debit cards
- Apple Pay
- COD ( Cash on Delivery) *With Email or Call Verification
Shopify charges only 2% per transaction if you use a third-party gateway. You can reduce this by upgrading to a more advanced Shopify plan. Or get rid of them completely by using Shopify Payments – the company’s own option.
WooCommerce is that it doesn’t charge transaction fees. Bank charges and charges by a payment provider (like PayPal) will still apply.
Bear in mind, integrating new payment providers with WooCommerce can cost over $70, for example, Authorize.net. Shopify may include these options in your Shopify plan as standard!
Market Place Connections
Customers can log in via Facebook or Gmail.
You can connect Shopify or WooCommerce to various marketplaces and social networks (like Amazon or Facebook).
This lets you sell your products directly through these other sites, giving you an almost limitless audience to advertise to.
Question: How could I access the data ( customer’s email, name,..)?
Answer: In Shopify, you’ll have a dedicated admin panel where all the record stores for your interaction.
In WooCommerce you’ll also have a dedicated admin panel but little bit technical knowledge needed for this.
Shopify vs WooCommerce SEO
Both Shopify and WooCommerce provide apps and integrations that boost your store. Faster sites do better in Google. Shopify’s load time and performance is stronger than WooCommerce because it has dedicated servers.
Shopify includes SSL certificates (with WooCommerce, we have to buy them ourselves).
Google prefers HTTPs over HTTP for secure transactions and SSL provides this.
Shopify is a better SEO-friendly eCommerce platform if you want one time SEO from a developer and after that Shopify will take care of this for you But for WooCommerce you should hire developers to improve your store’s speed every time it’s needed.
Shopify takes care of the technical maintenance of running a store for you. Your Shopify plan includes hosting, as well as the necessary security certificates.
What’s more, you can relax as your store grows because you know it won’t crash under the increased traffic and sales volume.
Shopify is a scalable eCommerce platform because it can deal with any growth in your store experiences. *And it has Quality support 24/7
To use WooCommerce you need an account with WordPress and Hosting, SSL Certificates, etc.
Using WooCommerce you should take care of the technical maintenance etc by ownself.
*But Lack of customer support – WooCommerce doesn’t provide phone support. Instead, you can submit tickets or try to find the answer to your problem on the forum or hire a freelancer.
It’s a much more hands-off approach than Shopify.
Which is best in terms of cost and easier for me to update the website myself?
- One time plan purchasing which includes Hosting, Technical assistance, SSL and all other elements for running a website.
- There are free/paid themes available on Shopify
- If you don’t want to worry about the technical running of your store, Shopify is right for you.
- And it’s the same answer if you want eCommerce tools that are ready to use straight away (No technical knowledge needed in 99% cases after 1st-time development).
- To use WooCommerce you need an account with WordPress.
- Hosting + Domain + SSL Certificates
- Free/Paid Themes available
- If you’re technically-skilled and want a hands-on approach, WooCommerce might be a better option.
Conclude: Shopify vs WooCommerce Comparison (2020) – Which One is Best?
Shopify is a dedicated eCommerce service and best for stores and sites. No technical skill required for running a site with Shopify But it has a monthly fee (It’s worth taking with all the features it has).
WooCommerce is a plugin for eCommerce for WordPress sites. If you want any customization or tweaks in the future you should’ve bit technical skills for this.
I would recommend Shopify if you want Best Customer Care Service & you don’t have the technical skill because it has ready to use Admin DashBoard for adding new products, change prices, etc.
Trends wise all the best brands are running on Shopify too.
But if you are short on budget and have bit technical skills or want to pay for any dev in future then WooCommerce.
Price Shopify vs WooCommerce
Basic Plan: $29 per month / (No other Charges except one time paid theme if you want, otherwise free is available). see here for other plans.
- Online Store – Includes an e-commerce website and blog.
- Unlimited products
- 2 Staff accounts
- 24/7 support
- Sales channels (Sell on online marketplaces and social media. )
- Manual order creation
- Discount codes
- Free SSL certificate
- Abandoned cart recovery
- Shipping discount
- Print shipping labels
- Online credit card rates
- 2.9% + 30¢
- In-person credit card rates
- 2.7% + 0¢
- Additional fees using all payment providers other than Shopify Payments
- Shopify POS app
- Third-party POS apps
- Domain .com up to $9 for one year (price can be low or high)
- Hosting (Shared) $29.28 -Renew $57.88 per year
- SSL $3.88 per year
- No other Charges except one time paid theme if you want, otherwise free is available
- Integrating new payment providers can cost over $70, (One-time fee)
- Can add/del products
- Add Specific pages
- Payment integration and many more.