Ever wish you could just say, “Shut Down” OR “Hey Cortana, shut down my computer” and have it work?. Can You Shut Down Windows 10 with a Cortana Voice Command? The answer is BIG yes.
Cortana is your personal productivity assistant helps you stay on top of what matters, follow through, and do your best work.Microsoft on Cortana digital assistant
Cortana is a virtual assistant created by Microsoft for Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows Phone 8.1, Invoke smart speaker, Microsoft Band, Surface Headphones, Xbox One, iOS, Android, Windows Mixed Reality, and Amazon Alexa.Wikipedia
How to Shut Down Windows 10 with a Cortana Voice Command?
There’s no builtin way or Microsoft provided a way into windows10 to use voice control to shut down your computer, but there is an easy workaround. You just need to create a shortcut and then open that shortcut with Cortana.
To create the shutdown shortcut:
- In File Explorer (Windows Explorer), navigate to: C:\Users[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
2. Rightclick on an empty space in the right pane and select New > Shortcut.
3. In the location field, enter shutdown.exe s
If you don’t want the computer to shut down immediately add a space after the s and then “t 60”. This will set a timer for the system to shut down in 60 seconds, and you can replace 60 with any number.Mohsin Saeed
4. Click Next.
5. Leave the shortcut name default, “shutdown.exe” and click Finish.
To shut down your computer with Cortana:
1. Click the microphone button on the Search bar or say “Hey Cortana.”
2. Say “Open shutdown.exe” or “Open shut down EXE”
From now on, you can use Cortana to shut down your computer with this voice command.