Personality of the week is a weekly program created by the BeingGeek team. This week’s Personality of the Week – Elon Musk.
Elon Reeve Musk is a technology entrepreneur, investor, and engineer. He holds South African, Canadian, and U.S. citizenship and is the founder, CEO, and chief engineer/designer of SpaceX, co-founder, CEO, and product architect of Tesla, Inc, co-founder of Neuralink, founder of The Boring Company, co-founder and initial co-chairman of OpenAI, and co-founder of PayPal.
In December 2016, he was ranked 21st on the Forbes list of The World’s Most Powerful People. He has a net worth of $19.4 billion and is listed by Forbes as the 40th-richest person in the world.
I operate on the physics approach to analysis. You boil things down to the first principles or fundamental truths in a particular area and then you reason up from there.Elon Musk
- Elon Musk is working to revolutionize transportation both on Earth and in space.
- His automaker, Tesla Motors, which was founded in 2003, is bringing fully-electric vehicles to the mass market.
- He settled with the SEC in September 2018 for making alleged “false statements” about a plan to take Tesla private, and had to step down as chairman.
- SpaceX, Musk’s rocket company, is now valued at more than $20 billion.
- He grew up in South Africa, then immigrated to Canada at age 17. He landed in the US as a transfer student at the University of Pennsylvania.